Posted Jobs 1
Founded Since 1962
About Our Hospital:
University Animal Hospital is a small animal veterinary facility with 11 doctors and offering full-service boarding. We also offer many important specialty services such as laser surgery, dentistry, endoscopy, laparoscopy, digital x-ray, ultrasound, and exotic animal care. As Tempe’s first veterinary hospital we have been serving our loyal clients and patients since 1962, we strive to provide exceptional patient care and personal customer service. This dedication to excellent care is why we are certified by the American Animal Hospital Association and American Boarding and Kennel Association. We highly encourage you to visit universityvet.com to learn more about us and join the family!
About the Position:
University Animal Hospital is seeking an experienced veterinary technician to join our medical team. We are looking for a highly motivated, dependable, compassionate, and hard working individual who has the ability to deal with many different personalities and tasks efficiently and accurately while also having a strong commitment to excellent client and patient care. This position is full time and requires employees to have a flexible schedule. Our hospital is open 7 days a week.
Monday through Friday 6:00AM to 8:30PM
Saturday & Sunday 8:00AM to 4:00PM
Shifts are typically 5:30AM-1:30PM, 7:00AM-3:00PM, or 1:30PM-9:30PM daily.
Essential Responsibilities and Technical Skills Needed:
• Greets clients with a positive and friendly demeanor
• Conducts themselves in a professional manner
• Experience with a multiline phone system, fax, email, and electronic medical records
• Uses hospital software, WOOFWare, to look up and document client and patient history.
• IV catheter placement
• Monitoring anesthesia
• Critical and emergent patient care
• Assist in taking x-rays and ultrasounds
• Client education
• Additional job duties as assigned.
• Must be 18 years of age
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Ability to work nights, weekends, and some holidays.
• 2 years working as a veterinary technician, with CVT preferred but not required
• Ability to lift animals up to 40 lbs
• Ability to meet physical demands of the job (standing, bending, squatting, kneeling and any other movement needed to accomplish safe handling of animals and protecting of staff)
• Health benefit options including dental and vision (after 30 days of service)
• Vacation and sick pay (after 90 days of service)
• Competitive hourly compensation based off of experience ($13 to $18)
• Extensive employee pet care discounts
• CVT Reimbursement program
• Growth potential with a close, family oriented hospital team
To be considered:
Please attach your resume which needs to include your email address and contact number. The body of your email needs to include a brief description as to why you would make a good candidate for this position and why you would like to work here at University Animal Hospital. We look forward to hearing from you and hope for you to begin an outstanding and long-lasting career with us! We are an equal opportunity employer.