FINAL EXAM POLICY
- Final exams must be taken as scheduled. Please check your exam times carefully.
- If any of your final exam times overlap, see your instructors before finals week to arrange alternate times.
- BE ON TIME! – Students 15 or more minutes late will NOT be allowed to enter an exam room.
- Classes cannot be dropped on/after the first day of finals for the quarter and/or after a class final has been given.
FINAL EXAMS SCHEDULING EXCEPTIONS POLICY
Note: Practical exams must be taken as scheduled. If you have an emergency arise on the day of a practical, please still contact your instructor immediately.
The policy for final exam scheduling exceptions is as follows:
1. If you have overlapping finals, or qualify for extended testing time and have back to back finals, please see your instructor(s) to arrange appropriate delayed or early start times for the same day your finals are scheduled.You will test in Room 11 as-needed (please note available times).
2. If you miss a final due to a verifiable emergency circumstance, the make up arrangements vary based on the severity of the situation. Please contact your instructor(s) immediately.
- You must make up your final(s) the day you return to campus, unless there is a justifiable reason for you not to (e.g. more than three finals to make up, a concussion).
- Appropriate documentation of the emergency circumstance must be provided on/by the day you return to campus for an exception to be granted.
3. If you miss a final or are more than 15 minutes late to a final and do not have a justifiable emergency situation, you will likely not be allowed to make up the exam.Please still contact your instructor immediately, as decisions regarding these circumstances are made on a case-by-case basis.
4. Bel-Rea does not offer alternative final exam times/dates for students with normal travel circumstances. The academic calendar is available 2-3 years ahead of time. Please schedule all trips accordingly.
5. Students with a “once in a lifetime” opportunities that overlap with finals week can submit a formal petition for Bel-Rea’s Appeals and Readmission Board to consider.
- Examples: Major life events for close family members that cannot be shifted (e.g. sister’s wedding, son’s graduation) or unusual opportunities with a specific schedule that are not available at another time (e.g. serving on a veterinary spay/neuter service trip to a foreign country).
- Petitions should be submitted as early as possible, even if it is a quarter or two ahead of time, as there is no guarantee a final exam scheduling exception will be granted.Last minute petition submissions will not be accepted.
- How to petition: Submit a Final Exams Scheduling Exception Petition Form (available from the Registrar) and required supporting information to the Registrar.
- Students will be notified via email by the Registrar of the Appeals and Readmission Board’s decision (typically within 3-5 business days).
TAKING PRE-CLINICAL NEXT QUARTER (SUMMER 2022)?
PRE-CLINICAL ORIENTATION: Tuesday June 28th from 8:00 am – 1:00 pm in the South Barn.
- This is a mandatory meeting for all students enrolled in Pre-Clinical!
- Students who do not attend will receive a 2-hour lecture absence for Pre-Clinical.
TAKING PRE-CLINICAL THIS CURRENT QUARTER (SPRING 2022)?
ATTEND the mandatory Internship Orientation Meetings this quarter:
- Friday May 27th, 8:00 am -1:00 pm, in the South Barn.
- Please bring $30 cash/credit for your graduation cap and gown.
INTERNSHIP STARTS: Monday September 30th. Please contact your specific internship site over break for information on dress code, start time, etc.
THIS QUARTER’S GRADES
GRADES: Will be posted in your Class List section of the Bel-Rea student portal the week following finals each quarter. If you believe a grade is incorrect, please contact the Registrar at email@example.com.
CAMPUS ACCESS OVER BREAK
- Lockers need to be cleaned out before you leave on break. Locks will be cut off and contents left behind will be discarded over break.
- The campus is typically open most of break, however, hours and staff availability will vary. Please contact staff members for appointments if you need to meet with them over break.
- Campus computers are typically repaired/updated over break and may not be available for use.
NEXT QUARTER’S CLASSES
CLASSES START: Tuesday June 28th
ROOM NUMBERS: Schedules with room numbers will be available the Friday before classes start on the Bel-Rea student portal.
ALL STUDENTS: PLEASE RECHECK YOUR SCHEDULE PRIOR TO CLASS START TO ENSURE THAT YOU ARE AWARE OF ANY CHANGES, whether or not you requested a change.
There are no alerts at this time
Need resources or have questions about campus security? Contact Stasi Bottinelli (Financial Aid Manager/ Title IX Coordinator) at firstname.lastname@example.org or (303) 751-8700.