Our mission at CU Denver is the advancement of innovative medical research by utilizing leading edge technology and a compassionate/knowledgeable staff who provide quality care for, and enhance the lives of, animal research models.
Some basic info about what we can offer you:
- Accumulate vacation time at a rate of 14 hours per month (this also rolls over from month to month with a cap at 352 hours). This equates to 4 weeks of paid vacation time per year.
- Promotional opportunities into Vet Tech and leadership roles.
- Entry level animal care technicians make $16.59 per hour to start.
- Eligible for overtime and weekend shift differentials as well.
- Eligible for very reasonable health, dental and vision plans from the day you start.
- Accumulate sick time at a rate of 10 hours per month (rolls over every month with no cap).
- We offer continuing education incentives as well as promotional opportunities.
- Our staff are involved with the professional organization that is dedicated to laboratory animal science, the American Association for Laboratory Animal Science (AALAS) and are members of the local branch of this organization.