Experience Less Than 1 Year
Practice Small Animal
Qualifications Graduate (CVT, RVT, LVT)
Mulnix Animal Clinic (Fort Collins, CO)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Checks patient medical records for past histories, enters treatments and charges in computer.*
- Performs efficient dental cleanings and charting teeth abnormalities.*
- Restrains animals for Veterinarian as required.*
- Maintains client educational material in an efficient manner.*
- Applies knowledge of drawing blood, accessing veins quickly and minimizing patient discomfort to perform testing procedures.*
- Performs specimen testing procedures accurately on blood, urine or other samples according to medical orders using all related equipment and computers.*
- Assists Veterinarian with in-patient care in daily treatments to include maintaining and calculating IV fluids to assure they are still flowing, draws blood samples as requested and passes urithrocatheters.*
- Perform anesthesia induction and monitoring.*
- Dispenses medication and feeds patients as directed.*
- Communicates with patient’s owner by describing medication, possible complications and warnings.*
- Utilizes computer system to enter and reference patient information as needed.*
- Performs necessary lab work such as x-rays, CBC’s, blood profiles, urinalysis, heartworm tests, FELV/FIV tests, fecal tests, cultures and sensitivities and fungus cultures.*
- Documents test results and delivers to appropriate personnel promptly.*
- Prepares specimens for mailing to hospitals according to practice requirements.*
- Assures all materials are in exam rooms for doctors such as otoscopes and nail clippers.*
- Schedules and/or performs routine maintenance of testing equipment.*
- Maintains cleanliness of exam room at all times.*
- Sets laboratory standards, change operations, and provides training to staff as required.*
- Assists in animal care as needed.*
- Handles all tasks associated with x-ray process to include entry of patient information, proper positioning of animals, and preparing forms to be e-mailed or referred as needed.
- Takes medical histories and vital signs of patients.
- Performs departmental housekeeping duties.*
- Admits and discharges patients.*
- Takes, processes and logs prescription refills in-house, call out pharmacy and online pharmacy.*
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The technician must be able to multi-task. They must be able to think quickly on their feet. They must be able to develop positive working relationships with clients and co-workers.
The technician must have skills/knowledge on how to perform dental cleanings, charting teeth abnormalities, anesthesia induction and monitoring, surgical preparation, intravenous catheter placement, vaccination administration, venipuncture, in-house lab work, and filling prescriptions. Our new Team Member must work well with others as well as independently, take initiative and thrive in a busy work environment.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certified Veterinary Technician in the state of Colorado is preferred.
Other jobs you may like
- @ Piney Creek Square Integrative Veterinary Medicine
- Centennial, colorado