Experience 3 Years
Qualifications Graduate (CVT, RVT, LVT)
Heska is dedicated to quality pet care. Through innovation, invention, and strategic partnerships with worldwide leaders in diagnostics and treatments. Heska provides the benefits of latest generation technologies to pet healthcare providers. Heska’s range of complete blood diagnostic solutions include Chemistry, Hematology, Blood Gas & Electrolytes, Immunodiagnostics, Heartworm, and other blood testing. Treatments and testing include Immunotherapy and complete Allergy solutions.
The Medical Technical Consultation (MTC) Certified Veterinary Technician I provides medical and technical support to clinics for Heska products as they relate to animal health care. This position performs a variety of responsibilities that require sound judgment and patience to provide a high level of efficient customer service while regularly managing a large volume of inbound and outbound calls, faxes and emails. This position works both independently and within a team environment, and must be open to input and feedback from colleagues.
SALARY RANGE: $16.35 – 17.79 per hour
LOCATION: Onsite at Heska, Loveland, Colorado
MEDICAL AND TECHNICAL SUPPORT:
- Troubleshoots technical issues and resolves customer complaints with veterinarians and veterinary staff, as related to Heska Products and services.
- Responsible for the daily review of patient histories, IgE allergy test results, and immunotherapy recommendations for data entry accuracy and appropriate allergen selection prior to result transmittal to clinics.
- Responsible for inbound and outbound calls regarding patient-specific immunotherapy. This includes discussing results/allergen recommendations, accurately adjusting ingredients when requested by the clinic, and discussing standard protocols and pricing for injectable and oral immunotherapy.
- Refers case consultations to in-house veterinarians, as appropriate.
- Assists veterinarians and veterinary staff regarding infectious disease point of care test protocols, reading results, specificity/sensitivity, and accuracy.
- Promotes health care and disease prevention.
- Maintains diligent record-keeping within Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database system.
MARKETING/SALES COLLABORATIVE DUTIES:
- Works in partnership with MTC Veterinarians and Marketing to create educational tools for customers to promote their understanding of how to integrate allergy into their practice.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Current certification as a Veterinary Technician with active license to practice in Colorado required.
- Associates degree in Veterinary Technology or related field, or equivalent related experience.
- Minimum of 3 years clinical practice experience required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Full knowledge and understanding of Heska’s products and services.
- Consistently displays strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Displays excellent communication skills; especially good listening skills.
- Displays a strong customer focus within a team environment.
- Is available to, and works cooperatively with, team members
- Ability to work in a corporate environment where daily client interaction is over the phone and at the computer.
- Consistently displays strong organizational and planning skills, great attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Intermediate ability with Microsoft Office Suite, Internet Software and E-mail required. Familiarity with CRM or similar database software program desired.
- Familiarity with or interest in allergy medicine desired.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance (Company Paid, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Wellness Resources
- Stock Option Plan