Experience Less Than 1 Year
Practice Large Animal
Qualifications Graduate (CVT, RVT, LVT)
VCA Northwest Veterinary Specialists is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Credentialed Veterinary Technician to join our Surgery Department at our well established, multi-specialty veterinary practice in Clackamas, Oregon.
Our state of the art facility was constructed in 1999 and is a fully functioning, multi-specialty hospital in Clackamas, Oregon just outside of Portland. As a member of the Surgical team, and the team of NWVS, you will serve as a mentor for our veterinary support staff, plus be required to educate clients and perform treatments on our veterinary patients.
• Current CVT license in the state of Oregon or the immediate ability to transfer into state.
• Excellent venipuncture
• Strong anesthesia skills
• Understanding of orthopedic radiograph positioning
• The ability to multitask, handle stressful and emotional situations.
• Understanding and ability to utilize medical terminology and familiarity with veterinary pharmacology.
• Must be able to work well independently as well as part of a team
• Must be a highly motivated, enthusiastic, with a professional and positive attitude.
• Enjoys mentoring and training others.
• Flexibility with work schedule.
• Client Service driven
At VCA, your passion for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. You will enjoy exposure to a diverse and stimulating caseload, employ the most advanced imaging and monitoring tools, and tap into the expertise of more than 3,000 doctors, including 360+ boarded specialists.
You will sharpen your skills—and even learn some new techniques—and explore career options that only VCA can offer, such as continuing education, transfer, specialization, and leadership opportunities.
We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including: medical/dental/vision and paid vacation (for F/T employees only), 401(k), generous personal pet care discounts and more!
Apply today! We look forward to hearing from you soon.
If interested in this opportunity, please click here.
You will be taken to the job description on VCAcareers.com, where you can learn more and apply online.