Experience 2 Years
Practice Small Animal
Qualifications Graduate (CVT, RVT, LVT)
Animal Care Center of Castle Pines is seeking a Certified Veterinary Technician to lead our our growing Surgery/Anesthesia Department! If you enjoy engaging and challening/high level anesthesia cases, are passionate about surgery/anesthesia, and enjoy teaching and leading others then this is the position for you! While VTS (Anesthesia & Analgesia) or (Surgery) is more than welcomed, but not required, experience in anesthesia/surgery is required. If interested in pursuing a VTS in Anesthesia/Analgesia or Surgery, will be supported!
Four ten hour shifts, 5k signing bonus for this location!
- Patient examinations, auscultation of heart and lung sounds, determine normal/abnormal TPRs and QATS
- Professional client communication and education obtaining medical histories and symptoms, including post operative care and discharges
- Laboratory procedures including but not limited to: hematology, cytology, urinalysis, microbiology, blood chemistry, and fecals
- Diagnostic imaging and implementing safety protocols of fellow staff members
- Surgical assisting; preparing and maintaining the surgical environment in order to ensure an asepsis environment for both patient and personal safety.
- Anesthesia monitoring and endotracheal intubation
- Calculate drug dosages/administration (IV, IM, SQ) of any pre-induction medications. Pharmacy and pharmacology knowledge including: preparing and dispensing medications, calculating dosages, recognizing adverse reactions, knowledge of regulations regarding the safe handling of biohazardous materials
- Perform basic recovery procedures including extubating and vital monitoring and assessing pain levels for patients
- Routine cleaning of equipment, reporting any malfunctions