Experience Less Than 1 Year
Colorado Veterinary Specialists & Animal ER (CVS) is a 24-hour small animal emergency and referral hospital in Littleton, Colorado. Our unique group of specialists includes surgeons, a theriogenologist, mobile cardiology and a radiologist in addition to our team of dedicated ER doctors. Our doctors and staff enjoy living in an area that affords a great quality of life with close proximity to the mountains as well as to Denver, beautiful vistas, and an excellent balance between work and play.
We are looking for:
Emergency Veterinary Assistant
Never a dull moment in the ER! Are you someone who likes to be constantly moving from one thing to another? Our Emergency team is the perfect place for technicians who thrive in a fast-paced environment, can shift gears quickly and handle the stress of critical situations with ease. Every day is different and there’s never the same case twice!
What you’ll do:
- Record and deliver organized rounds, discuss cases and gather additional information as necessary • Evaluating incoming patients and prioritizing based on assessment
- Partner with patient care team regarding treatment plans, client communication and nursing care concerns • Provide client education including, but not limited to: home care instructions, medications (indications, adverse reactions) and general wellness updates on hospitalized patients
- Assist DVM and technicians with patient assessment, treatment and procedures
- Perform in-house laboratory testing and prepare samples for outside laboratory testing
Who you are:
- Prior veterinary experience required, previous emergency experience desired
- Flexibility with work hours and able to work additional hours when necessary
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees including medical/dental/vision and paid vacation, matching 401k, continuing education, uniform allowance, and personal pet care discounts.
To apply, email resume and cover letter to email@example.com