Experience Less Than 1 Year
Qualifications Graduate (CVT, RVT, LVT)
VCA Alameda East Veterinary Hospital is seeking CVTs to join our swing ER team.
The successful candidate will be a believer in the possibilities of high quality veterinary medicine and patient care—with the expertise and technical know-how to make them happen.
In this position you will be supporting our Doctors and Technician team by creating a positive, low-stress atmosphere for our clients and patients. Duties will include:
• Maintaining medical records.
• Triage and provide treatment in a busy emergency room.
• Filling prescriptions.
• Performing laboratory work and diagnostic imaging.
• Providing compassionate care and a home away from home for boarded and hospitalized pets.
At VCA, your passion for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth.
• You will enjoy exposure to a diverse and stimulating caseload, employ the most advanced imaging and monitoring tools, and tap into the expertise of more than 4,500 doctors, including 600+ boarded specialists.
• You will sharpen your skills—and even learn some new techniques—and explore career options that only VCA can offer, such as continuing education, transfer, specialization, and leadership opportunities.
- New grads welcome!
- Compensation dependent on experience and credentials; $20-$24 per hour. After-hours shifts receive $4 per hour differential.
- Full Time can be 30 hours.
- This department works 4 ten hours shifts a week, 3 if only looking for 30 hours.