Experience 3 Years
Qualifications Graduate (CVT, RVT, LVT)
Bel-Rea Institute of Animal Technology (Bel-Rea) is an ACCSC and AVMA accredited veterinary technology, vocational training college in southeast Denver (www.belrea.edu). Since the program’s launch in 1971, over 6600 students have earned an Associate of Applied Science in Veterinary Technology from Bel-Rea.
With an experienced veterinary faculty, excellent curriculum, well-equipped facility, on-site and off-site labs, and extensive internship program, Bel-Rea offers traditional and non-traditional students the opportunity to gain the solid educational foundation and hands-on experience needed to launch their career in the fast-growing vet tech field.
Our positive leadership and small school atmosphere encourage employees to excel in their positions and offer our students informed, pleasant, and helpful support.
Faculty duties may include:
- Teach the hours required by the school and school schedule
- Step in to be a second lab instructor depending on student numbers
- Assist with off-campus labs (vaccination clinics, Cottonwood Equine, etc)
- Willingness to substitute teach if a faculty member is out
- Follow course objectives as defined and approved by the State of Colorado
- Schedule 2 hours per week for office hours and tutoring. Tutor students on an as-needed basis
- Insure the AVMA Committee on Veterinary Technician Education and Activities essential tasks are being taught and are documented/recorded on the online competency checklist program (Veterinary Technology Accreditation Manager)
- Participate in in-service education and continuing education courses to maintain certification as a CVT (Certified Veterinary Technician)
- Assist the Internship Coordinator as needed
- Other tasks as assigned
Candidate must be a current, licensed CVT with four years minimum post-graduation experience in the field.
Salary and benefits:
Negotiable based on experience and education.
Job Type: Part-time, Faculty Position
Salary: $20 and up, per hour
Benefits: Paid Sick Time and At-cost pet medications
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is Bel-Rea’s policy to be fair and impartial in all our relationships with employees and applicants regardless of race, religion, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, military service, sexual orientation, pregnancy, parental status, marriage between coworkers, or other non-merit-based factors.
These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, pay systems, employee benefits, promotions, and other conditions of employment. All decisions made with respect to recruiting, hiring and promotions for all job classifications will be made solely based on individual qualifications related to the requirements of the position.