Experience Less Than 1 Year
We’re a fast-growing pet tech company that is modernizing pet wellness. MySimplePetLab (MSPL) is on a mission to improve pet care access and make it simple to keep our pets happy and healthy. Our vet approved pet tests from home and technology-enabled platform allow us to deliver pet tests from home in critical testing categories such as: stool, urine, skin/itch and ears. We care about easier healthcare access for all and believe that if pet owners know the status of pet’s health from home, they can better partner with their vet to take steps to keep pets happy and healthy.
Laboratory Processor/Customer Service Liaison plays a role in shaping and implementing our “best in class” Denver, CO, direct-to-consumer veterinary diagnostics laboratory. The Laboratory Processor/Customer Service Liaison reports to the Laboratory Manager and will participate in building out current lab capabilities as we increase our test volume and expand our test types. Our diagnostic spectrum of tests is intended to enhance veterinarians’ ability to care for their patients.
The Laboratory Processor/Customer Service Liaison should be creative and entrepreneurial as we grow the first consumer-facing veterinary reference lab and be able to both learn and teach as we grow the lab team and business. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, excel with organization and attention to detail, and may have some experience working in a reference laboratory or animal hospital laboratory performing hands-on lab duties or sample handling. Our lab is a hybrid of a traditional reference lab (interacting with vets) and direct-to-consumer (interacting directly with pet owners). The sample intake processor/lab liaison is thus critical for clear and timely communication between laboratory and customer service teams to ensure samples are ready for laboratory personnel to test.
A Laboratory Processor/Customer Service Liaison should have experience or applicable knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- Data Entry: Accurately and efficiently inputting data into a LIMS and identifying issues or concerns as they come up.
- Cytology: Sample organization and input of ear and skin swabs into LIMS for lab team personnel to set up and read out results on pet samples.
- Immunology/Serology: Testing blood and other samples for the presence of viral and bacterial disease by detecting antibodies (AB) or antigens (AG).
- Parasitology: Sample organization and input of fecal samples into LIMS for lab team personnel to set up and read out results on pet samples.
DAY TO DAY:
The Laboratory Processor/Customer Service Liaison is a hybrid role that both processes samples and encompasses responsibility for being the “go-to” contact for customer service or other MSPL company departments to bridge communication between the laboratory and said departments, as well as working with those departments to communicate the needs of the on-site laboratory.
- Acting as the on-site laboratory contact for customer service and other MSPL departments who have laboratory questions or concerns that need to be addressed in real time.
- Communicating with customer service or other departments on behalf of the on-site laboratory to address concerns with testing, LIMS, samples, or other miscellaneous issues.
- Intaking daily samples for testing and entering them into LIMS.
- Ensuring samples that are entered into the system are organized and batched appropriately.
- Assists in setting up ELISA lab testing.
- Preparing, packaging, and sending out samples for external PCR testing.
- General work area maintenance and overall cleanliness of lab and processing equipment.
- Tracking sample data such as test type and volume to input into data tracking spreadsheets daily.
- Performing other job duties as needed assigned by Lab Manager or other Leadership.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be reliable: in-lab attendance is an essential function of the position.
- Data entry experience.
- Careful attention to detail, especially test processing quality control and continuous improvement for efficient and effective lab operations.
- Organized with ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Fair level of computer literacy.
- Positive, can-do attitude.
- CVT/RVT/LVT certification a plus.
- Laboratory skills, with experience setting up, running, and reading lab tests and operating relevant lab instruments a plus.
- General science background, including parasitology/hematology/chemistry helpful.
- Vision, dental, and medical insurance options
- CE and license reimbursement
- Paid holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)