Experience Less Than 1 Year
Qualifications Graduate (CVT, RVT, LVT)
We’re a fast-growing pet tech company that is modernizing pet wellness. MySimplePetLab (MSPL) is on a mission to improve pet care access and make it simple to keep our pets happy and healthy. Our vet approved pet tests from home and technology-enabled platform allow us to deliver pet tests from home in critical testing categories such as: stool, urine, skin/itch and ears. We care about easier healthcare access for all and believe that if pet owners know the status of pet’s health from home, they can better partner with their vet to take steps to keep pets happy and healthy.
A Laboratory Technician plays a role in shaping and implementing our “best in class” Denver, CO, direct-to-consumer veterinary diagnostics laboratory and aiding with our research projects. The Laboratory Technician reports to the Laboratory Manager and will participate in building out current lab capabilities as we increase our test volume and expand our test types. Our diagnostic spectrum of tests is intended to enhance veterinarians’ ability to care for their patients.
The Laboratory Technician should be creative and entrepreneurial as we grow the first consumer-facing veterinary reference lab and be able to both learn and teach as we grow the lab team and business. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment, will have experience working in a reference laboratory or animal hospital laboratory and have strong experience performing hands-on lab duties as a lab technician. Our lab is a hybrid of a traditional reference lab (interacting with vets) and direct-to-consumer (interacting directly with pet owners). The lab technician is thus responsible for clear and timely communication between laboratory and customer service teams.
A Laboratory Technician should have experience or specialize in one or more of the following areas:
- Urinalysis: Analysis and evaluation of chemical and microscopic components of urine samples, using automated instrumentation and manual techniques.
- Cytology: Evaluation of microscopic components of ear and skin swabs.
- Immunology/Serology: Testing blood and other samples for the presence of viral and bacterial disease by detecting antibodies (AB) or antigens (AG).
- Parasitology: Examining samples to identify parasites, utilizing fecal flotation and various microscopic techniques
DAY TO DAY:
The Laboratory Technician is responsible for day-to-day processing of samples, ensuring analyzers and equipment are within QC guidelines, and reading and reporting results for pets.
- Setting up instruments, collection of samples, load samples into instruments and preparation of samples.
- Sets up lab tests, processes specimens, retrieves and releases test results, and assists in test research.
- Responsible for general lab maintenance and overall cleanliness of lab and lab equipment.
- Supports and maintains various lab processes, systems, and databases.
- Performing maintenance, calibration and troubleshooting on analyzers in lab to ensure they are within QC specifications and in good working order.
- Performing other job duties as needed assigned by Lab Manager or other Leadership.
- Degree in science-related field preferred. CVT/RVT/LVT certification will also be considered equivalency.
- Laboratory skills, with experience setting up, running, and reading lab tests and operating relevant lab instruments.
- General science background, including parasitology/hematology/chemistry helpful.
- Must be reliable: in-lab attendance is an essential function of the position.
- Careful attention to detail, especially test processing quality control and continuous improvement for efficient and effective lab operations.
- Organized with ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lead a team and work independently.
- Solid communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Fair level of computer literacy.
- Positive, can-do attitude.
- Vision, dental, and medical insurance options
- CE and license reimbursement
- Paid holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)