Experience 2 Years
Qualifications Graduate (CVT, RVT, LVT)
VCA Alameda East Veterinary Hospital is seeking a credentialed veterinary technician or radiology technologist to join our team in our radiology department as a Lead. Our radiology department is responsible for the technical duties, client communication and patient care associated with diagnostic imaging.
VCA Alameda East Veterinary Hospital has an exciting history (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergency_Vets). We were established in 1971, became a 24 hour hospital in 1974, and we aren’t slowing down. We take pride in providing outstanding, innovative patient care. We are so proud of the hospital and team we work with and we want you to join us.
Benefits of working with our highly skilled team:
· We have a Board Certified Radiologist on site.
o Hands-on learning, didactic training, and collaboration on case management and treatment to provide the highest quality patient care.
· Utilization of advanced technology; CT, MRI, fluoroscopy.
· All tasks related to the diagnostic imaging needs of the hospital and our patients.
· Think analytically through disease process and patient needs.
· Oversee daily staff organization and daily department schedule.
· Direct/assist technicians, assistants and externs in their performance of a variety of radiology duties.
· Maintain department manual.
· Maintain equipment repair logs.
· Maintain and order all radiology equipment and dosimeter badges.
· Oversee completion of daily checklists.
· Continue education related to all aspects of radiology and remain up to date on current procedures and patient care.
· Work closely with the radiologist(s) and radiology supervisor to develop and implement new protocols as needed.
· Inspire and teach students and new associates.
· Ensure documentation and charges are appropriate, thorough, and complete.
· Paid on-call responsibilities.
· Experienced, credentialed technicians or radiology technologist and/or equivalent.
· $20-$24/hr depending on credentials and experience.
Our hospital is located in beautiful Denver, CO. You can be in the mountains within 30 minutes to enjoy all the sports and outdoor activities your heart could desire. Outdoors isn’t your thing? Not to worry, Denver is in top ranking for Craft Breweries and the food scene is amazing.