Experience 4 Years
Are you looking for a fun, stress-free Veterinary Position? Join Bel-Rea Institute of Animal Technology, where you can give back to the community by teaching and training the next generation Veterinary Technicians. This Part-Time Position offers excellent work/life balance in a family-friendly environment.
Bel-Rea Institute of Animal Technology (Bel-Rea) is an ACCSC and AVMA accredited veterinary technology, vocational training college in southeast Denver (www.belrea.edu). Since the program’s launch in 1971, over 6600 students have earned an Associate of Applied Science in Veterinary Technology from Bel-Rea.
With an experienced veterinary faculty, excellent curriculum, well-equipped facility, on-site and off-site labs, and extensive internship program, Bel-Rea offers traditional and non-traditional students the opportunity to gain the solid educational foundation and hands-on experience needed to launch their career in the fast-growing vet tech field.
Our positive leadership and small school atmosphere encourage employees to excel in their positions and offer our students informed, pleasant, and helpful support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include:
- Teaching Comprehensive Oral Health Assessment and Treatment (COHAT) during labs
- Performing spays and neuters on shelter dogs and cats during surgery rotations
- Oversee care of on-campus animals including cats, birds, reptiles, lab animals/pocket pets, goats, and horses
- Assist with off-campus labs (vaccination clinics, equine labs, etc)
- Maintain a small pharmacy of commonly needed medications, maintain controlled substance logs
- Attend two IACUC meetings per year
- Follow course objectives as defined and approved by our accreditors
- Tutor students on an as-needed basis
- Insure the AVMA Committee on Veterinary Technician Education and Activities essential tasks are being taught and are documented/recorded on the online competency checklist program (Veterinary Technology Accreditation Manager)
- Participate in in-service education and continuing education courses to maintain certification as a DVM
Candidate must be a current, licensed DVM with four years minimum post-graduation experience in the field including experience with canine and feline spays and neuters.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Job Type: Part-time, Faculty Position
Pay Rate: $60 per hour and up
Benefits: Paid Sick Time and at-cost pet medications
There are no emergency hours, call shifts, or weekend hours required for this position.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is Bel-Rea’s policy to be fair and impartial in all our relationships with employees and applicants regardless of race, religion, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, military service, sexual orientation, pregnancy, parental status, marriage between coworkers, or other non-merit-based factors.
These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, pay systems, employee benefits, promotions, and other conditions of employment. All decisions made with respect to recruiting, hiring and promotions for all job classifications will be made solely based on individual qualifications related to the requirements of the position.