Experience 2 Years
Practice Small Animal
Qualifications Graduate (CVT, RVT, LVT)
Rocky Monster Vet Care is now a part of the Heartland Veterinary family, and we are excited to announce our new name: South Platte Veterinary Hospital. We provide many growth opportunities and wellness programs to promote an environment of mental and physical wellness as well as a work-life balance.
Registered Veterinary Technician
Completion of a two-year American Veterinary Medical Association accredited program from a community college, college, or university is required.
Must be certified in the state of Colorado and licensed with the DORA.
Since joining Heartland, we have been expanding our team! We would love a self-starter who is enthusiastic, positive, and detail oriented. Our team likes to laugh, have fun, and work together to make a difference in the lives of our furry loved ones. Come help us create a new and exciting practice!
The Registered Veterinary Technician is responsible for providing exceptional customer service to our clients. You will be responsible for helping answer phones and schedule appointments, address client medical questions, maintain accurate medical records, update reminders, and assist the doctors with all appointments. Our technicians will also assist during surgical and dental procedures including obtaining dental radiographs and monitoring anesthesia. Our hospital performs in-house laboratory tests, diagnostic imaging, bandages, wound care, and overall general practice treatments. Fear free animal restraint is a bonus. The position requires someone that is excellent at handling difficult or emotional situations with care and compassion. Professional phone etiquette is a must. We are looking for someone who will make our clients and patients feel like family!
“When you follow what brings you true joy by assisting others, ideas start, opportunity knocks, you leave your fear behind, and you answer the door with a smile, an open heart, and the belief that it can be that amazing because in your vision it is.” – Dr. Jamie Charlie
- Knowledge of animal behavior, animal husbandry, clinical skills, use of medical technologies, anesthesia experience, ability to perform dental prophylaxis, and all other veterinary technical skills as required.
- 1-2 years of customer service experience.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Work with a positive attitude, have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be professional in all situations.
- Must have the ability to solve problems quickly and stay calm under pressure.
- Knowledge of Pulse/E-Vet software system a plus.
South Platte Veterinary Hospital is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Expected hours: 32 – 40 per week
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8-to-10-hour shifts
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- Saturdays a must
- Customer service: 1 year (Required)
- Veterinary Technology: 2 years minimum (Required)
Ability to Commute:
- Sheridan, CO 80110 (Required)