Experience 3 Years
Bel-Rea Institute of Animal Technology is seeking a highly organized and motivated candidate to work closely with the Registrar and students to ensure an enriching academic environment. This position will provide support for student events and organizations, provide students with resources to enrich their academics and overall well being, and support student success and retention.
Bel-Rea Institute of Animal Technology (Bel-Rea) is an ACCSC and accredited veterinary technology, vocational training college in southeast Denver (www.belrea.edu). Since the program’s launch in 1971, over 6600 students have earned an Associate of Applied Science in Veterinary Technology from Bel-Rea.
With an experienced veterinary faculty, excellent curriculum, well-equipped facility, on-site and off-site labs, and extensive internship program, Bel-Rea offers traditional and non-traditional students the opportunity to gain the solid educational foundation and hands-on experience needed to launch their career in the fast-growing vet tech field.
Our positive leadership and small school atmosphere encourage employees to excel in their positions and offer our students informed, pleasant, and helpful support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To be successful in the organization, the Specialist must be able to multitask and have a high level of professionalism. Other essential responsibilities include:
- Manage logistics and materials for on-campus and off-campus events (e.g., graduation, intern exit meeting, new student orientation)
- Meet with students to connect them with resources both on and off campus
- Run the student recognition programs and help foster a sense of community and self- responsibility
- Serve as a Campus Security Authority and assist in updating emergency preparedness plans
- Support Title IX efforts
- Manage the Student Teaching Assistant program
- Assist with accreditation efforts and reporting
- Work closely with the Registrar with retention efforts
- Leading student activities and clubs, including Student Council, community outreach, etc.
- Provide Veterans’ support and connection programs
- Engagement efforts with Alumni
- Meet with students to collect Disability Services documents and communicate approved accommodations to faculty members
- Interventions with struggling students
- Support mediation efforts between faculty and students
- Communicate with students – via weekly emails, flyers, communication with faculty/staff, quarterly newsletters, etc.
- Administer Wonderlic Scholastic Level Exam for prospective students
Preferred: A Master’s Degree in Counseling Psychology or closely related field (i.e. Social Work, etc.).- Experience in crisis management and providing support services to an adult population.- Customer service background in a professional environment.
Other: Experience working in veterinary medicine is a plus. Knowledge of Canvas LMS (or other LMS), ADA law, FERPA, etc., ability to handle emergencies/stressful situations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Confidentiality – able to effectively handle confidential and proprietary information
- Communication – able to effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, and empathetic manner
- Detail Oriented – proven accuracy and attention to detail
- Independent work – able to work independently with limited supervision and able to self-motivate
- Relationship Management – able to personally provide high level of interactive service to students, building relationships and addressing identified needs
- Systems & Software – proficient level of knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Team Player – able to work well within a small team as well as across departments
Salary and Benefits:
Salary will be negotiated based on experience and education.
Salary of $42,000 – $48,000. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
Benefits include paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays off, health insurance/dental plans, 401K plan, and discounted pet supplies.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is Bel-Rea’s policy to be fair and impartial in all our relationships with employees and applicants regardless of race, religion, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, military service, sexual orientation, pregnancy, parental status, marriage between coworkers, or other non-merit-based factors.
These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, pay systems, employee benefits, promotions, and other conditions of employment. All decisions made with respect to recruiting, hiring and promotions for all job classifications will be made solely based on individual qualifications related to the requirements of the position.