Experience 3 Years
Bel-Rea Institute of Animal Technology is an ACCSC accredited veterinary technology vocational training college in southeast Denver (www.belrea.edu). Since the program’s launch in 1971, over 6000 students have earned an Associate of Applied Science in Veterinary Technology from Bel-Rea.
With an experienced veterinary faculty, excellent curriculum, well-equipped facility, on-site and off-site labs, and extensive internship program, Bel-Rea offers traditional and non-traditional students the opportunity to gain the solid educational foundation and hands-on experience needed to launch their career in the fast-growing vet tech field.
Our positive leadership and small school atmosphere encourage employees to excel in their positions and offer our students informed, pleasant, and helpful support.
The Student Services Department is seeking a highly organized and motivated candidate to work closely with the Student Affairs Director (SAD) and students to ensure an enriching academic environment. This position will provide support for student events and organizations, provide students with resources to enrich their academics and overall wellbeing, and support student success and retention.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage logistics and materials for on-campus and off-campus events (e.g., graduation, intern exit meeting, new student orientation)
- Meet with students to connect them with resources both on and off campus
- Run the student recognition programs and help foster a sense of community and self- responsibility
- Serve as a Campus Security Authority and assist in updating emergency preparedness plans
- Support Title IX efforts
- Manage the Student Teaching Assistant program
- Assist with accreditation efforts and reporting
- Work closely with the Student Affairs Director with retention efforts
- Leading student activities and clubs, including Student Council, community outreach, etc.
- Provide Veterans’ support and connection programs
- Engagement efforts with Alumni
- Meet with students to collect Disability Services documents and communicate approved accommodations to faculty members.
- Interventions with struggling students, and support SAD mediation with faculty/student issues
- Communicate with students – via weekly emails, flyers, communication with faculty/staff, quarterly newsletters, etc.
- Administer Wonderlic Scholastic Level Exam for prospective students
Required: Bachelor’s degree in related field and at least three years of Higher Education experience with counseling or advising students.
Other: Experience working in veterinary medicine is a plus. Knowledge of Canvas LMS (or other LMS), ADA law, FERPA, etc., ability to handle emergencies/stressful situations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Confidentiality – able to effectively handle confidential and proprietary information
- Communication – able to effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, and empathetic manner
- Detail Oriented – proven accuracy and attention to detail
- Independent work – able to work independently with limited supervision and able to self-motivate
- Relationship Management – able to personally provide high level of interactive service to students, building relationships and addressing identified needs
- Systems & Software – proficient level of knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Team Player – able to work well within a small team as well as across departments
Please send your resumes to John Ganzar, Student Affairs Assistant Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other jobs you may like
- @ Piney Creek Square Integrative Veterinary Medicine
- Centennial, colorado