Experience Less Than 1 Year
Practice Small Animal
Genesee Veterinary Hospital is a fast-paced, fun, and friendly one-doctor animal hospital in Golden Colorado. We value a strong work-life balance and place an emphasis on teaching. We are looking for a motivated, friendly, animal and people person to join our growing team.
Veterinary Assistant: This position is ideal for someone with long-term interest in the animal care field with a desire to learn and grow within our company or interest in pursuing an education in the veterinary field.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist Doctor(s) in exam rooms, treatment, and surgery
- Assist technicians in the treatment area
- Client intake including patient history and TPR’s
- Client communication and education
- Administering medications and preparing patients for treatments
- Monitoring patients
- Assist technicians with dental scaling, polishing, and radiographs
- Proper animal handling and restraint
- Animal care including walking, feeding, and cleaning as required
- Keep exam rooms clean in-between patients and for end of day
- Maintain stock of medication and supplies
- Assist with phone calls as needed
- Learn and become competent with AviMark. Existing familiarity is a plus.
For more information about our organization visit www.geneseeveterinary.com. This position requires 1 year of experience in the veterinary field or completion of a veterinary assistant program.
Signing Bonus – $250
Paid Holidays (6)
Paid Time Off
Insurance – Health, Dental, Vision
NO PHONE CALLS TO THE HOSPITAL. Please submit your resume via indeed or email alex@geneseeveterinary hospital directly. Additional consideration will be given to those who submit a cover letter explaining why they would be a great fit for this position and why they are passionate about the field of veterinary medicine.
- Genesee Veterinary Hospital provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.