Position Customer Service
Experience 2 Years
Practice Small Animal
Canyon View Animal Hospital is a private, 2-doctor, non-exotics general practice in the Ken Caryl area of Littleton, CO and we are seeking a full-time, experienced Client Service Representative to join our team. Our philosophy is one of compassion and respect towards our patients, our clients, and each other. We are a small, fun-loving, dedicated staff and work very hard to provide high-quality veterinary care and outstanding customer service as well as an enjoyable working environment for our team.
Our ideal receptionist will have compassion and patience for our patients and clients and have a friendly, outgoing personality; a passion for pets and people is a must! To succeed at our practice the ideal candidate will be reliable, able to work effectively in a fast-paced and demanding environment, able to multitask with attention to detail, have strong written and oral communication skills, and enjoy working as part of a team.
Duties include greeting clients, operating a multiline phone system, scheduling appointments, ordering and maintaining inventory of veterinary diet and retail supplies, general administrative work (filing, copying, scanning, faxing, emailing, etc.), correspondence with clients including follow-up calls post-care, maintaining organization of patient files, filling prescriptions, maintaining a clean and welcoming lobby, assisting technicians as needed (includes practicing safe patient handling), and other tasks as needed.
- Previous customer service and veterinary experience is required
- Knowledge of veterinary diets as well as common veterinary medications is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Cornerstone software is a plus but not necessary
- Comfortable answering client questions regarding products and services as well as general pet health (i.e. preventive care, common medical conditions, etc.)
- Outstanding customer service skills and phone etiquette
- Able to manage large amounts of incoming calls
- Clear and effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office, internet usage, etc.)
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs
This position is full-time (40 hours per week) Tuesday through Saturday. Benefits include health insurance, dental insurance, options for supplemental insurance, paid time off, holiday pay, annual bonus, generous discounts on veterinary care, and a yearly CE allowance. Benefits are dependent upon a 90 day probationary period.
Please reply with your resume, cover letter, and 3 references. We are looking forward to adding a dedicated new member to our team!