Experience 2 Years
Practice Small Animal
Stoney Brook Veterinary Hospital is looking for experienced Veterinary Technicians to join our team. Come work with a team that supports each other and celebrates our wins together!
We are a very busy 4-doctor practice located in a gorgeous custom-designed hospital in Lebanon, NH. We specialize in small animal medicine, wellness care, surgery, dentistry, diagnostic services, laser therapy, acupuncture, Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine, and other veterinary services. At Stoney Brook, we encourage our staff to progress clinically and professionally through continual education and training while working with our exceptional veterinarians.
What you can expect:
- A support team always willing to lend a helping hand
- A welcoming environment where team members can feel safe to ask questions and learn from coworkers and Doctors
- Opportunities to utilize your skill-set to the highest level and perform a wide range of procedures
- The ability to see a variety of cases, virtually guaranteeing no two days are the same
- Growth and development opportunities
As a Veterinary Technician, you are key to the delivery of high quality patient care and client service. You will utilize your medical knowledge and organizational skills to manage and direct the client/patient flow in the hospital, and will oversee and maintain electronic medical records using AVImark software. You will assist Veterinarians in treating pets, induce and monitor anesthesia, collect and analyze lab samples and perform laboratory tests, triage incoming patients, draw blood and place catheters, take digital radiographs (including dental rads), administer medications to patients, and more. You will be encouraged to look for opportunities to foster teamwork and will be expected to mentor others.
The right candidate must possess a pleasant, professional attitude as well as a strong desire to learn and master advanced nursing techniques. The ability to function in a fast-paced environment with compassion, efficiency, and flexibility is key to success in this role. You must be self-motivated, be a team player, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and remain composed in stressful and emotional situations. You should be comfortable multi-tasking and possess the ability to think critically and act both quickly and independently. Outstanding client service, exceptional patient care are required.
We are looking for a full-time, credentialed Veterinary Technician, but are open to Technicians that are not credentialed if they have significant experience.
Pay is commensurate with skill level and experience, and benefits include:
- comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) with employer-matching
- paid vacation, holidays, and sick time
- continuing education allowance
- employee pet discount
- uniform allowance
- short- and long-term disability
- life insurance
- four day work week (with occasional Saturday half-shifts)
Our business hours are currently from 7:30a to either 5:00p or 7:00p on weekdays, and from 730a until noon every other Saturday.
Stoney Brook Veterinary Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. Learn more about our practice on our website: http://StoneyBrookVets.com