Experience Less Than 1 Year
Practice Small Animal
Central Maui Animal Clinic is seeking a full time Veterinary Technician Assistant to join their team!
Technician Assistants strongly believe in the quality of care provided and communicate this sense of
assurance to clients.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Provides compassionate patient care, keeping patients clean, dry, and comfortable.
- Alerts the veterinarian(s) to changes in patients’ condition.
- Recognizes patients with contagious disease.
- Uses proper safety techniques and positioning for radiological procedures.
- Recovers patients from anesthesia.
- Assists veterinarians and technicians in surgery and dentistry.
- Performs basic emergency care, CPR, and intensive care as needed.
- Sets up and assists with procedures, such as IV catheterization and other common treatments.
- Assists with patient admits and releases as needed.
- Ensures patients leave in better condition.
- Completes medical records accurately and efficiently.
- Cleans, cares for, and packs surgical equipment properly.
- Launders soiled blankets, towels, and other linens.
- Utilizes in-house inventory control procedures.
- Demonstrates initiative in everyday duties.Requirements:
- Education equivalent to the completion of the 12th grade.
- At least one year of recent experience in veterinary practice or medical environment.
We offer an incredible benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, and fantastic pet benefits!