Practice Small Animal
Qualifications Graduate (CVT, RVT, LVT)
Genesee Veterinary Hospital is a fast-paced, fun, and friendly one-doctor animal hospital in Golden Colorado. We value a strong work-life balance and place an emphasis on teaching. We are looking for a motivated, friendly, animal and people person to join our growing team.
Veterinary Technician: This position is ideal for someone with long-term interest in the animal care field with a desire to learn and grow within our company. A minimum of 1 year as a technician is required or a Veterinary Technician Certification/Licensure.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Greet clients, obtain patient’s current body weight, and brief history
- Obtaining and processing laboratory samples such as blood, urine, fecal samples, ear cytologies, skin aspirates
- Perform and assist with all aspects of animal restraint for exams and procedures
- Have comfort and familiarity with surgical preparation (including measuring and administering drugs, placing IV catheter, intubation, etc.), surgical monitoring and patient recovery
- Perform dental prophylaxis/scaling, polishing, dental radiographs, and other aspects during a full dental cleanings
- Provide assistance to the veterinarian during surgeries and other procedures by sterilizing tools, stocking the exam and operating rooms, and confirming that equipment is all working properly
GENERAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent communication to clients, teammates, supervisors, and any other hospital staff.
- Dependable attendance needed
- Must be able to work shifts that support hospital business hours and until all patients have been discharged
- Positive attitude and team player
- Familiarity with Avimark software is a plus
For more information about our organization visit www.geneseeveterinary.com. This position requires 1 year of experience in the veterinary field or a current Veterinary Technician Licensure/Certification. Upcoming graduates are welcome to apply.
$500 Signing Bonus
Paid Holidays (6)
Generous Pet Discounts
Paid Time Off (following 90 day probationary period)
Insurance – Health, Dental, Vision
Hospital paid CE for licensed technicians and opportunities to attend partner conferences
NO PHONE CALLS TO THE HOSPITAL. Please submit your resume via indeed or email alex@geneseeveterinary hospital directly. Additional consideration will be given to those who submit a cover letter explaining why they would be a great fit for this position and why they are passionate about the field of veterinary medicine.
Genesee Veterinary Hospital provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.