Experience Less Than 1 Year
Qualifications Graduate (CVT, RVT, LVT)
The purpose of this position is to provide routine and specialized care for a wide variety of species of large and small laboratory animals which are used by scientists for biomedical research and education in the Schools of Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, and Nursing at the University of Colorado Denver.
Examples of Work Performed:
This full-time, university staff (unclassified) Veterinary Technology I position that will provide support for the research animal health care program and provide specific non-animal husbandry research services to research personnel.
The position will schedule rooms and reserve medical procedure equipment; provide technical services and assistance in anesthesia, organ, blood and tissue collection; administer experimental agents and animal euthanasia; collect post mortem tissues for evaluation; assist with surgical procedures; perform diagnostic laboratory evaluations and tests in the areas of hematology, parasitology, serology, microbiology, cytology, and clinical pathology; perform sample collection and ship to various diagnostic laboratories; create diagnostic reports, records and billing for diagnostic services. It will monitor inventories of clinical, surgical and diagnostic supplies and equipment, and perform a bi-monthly audit of controlled and non-controlled drugs.
The position will also monitor and maintain assigned support room; perform initial evaluations on reported sick and injured animals and work with the investigator or veterinarian on treatment; perform physicals on large animals; create, maintain and monitor all files and documents related to animal treatments; and perform other duties as assigned.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
Salary and Benefits:
- The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established at $36,132 – $52,884 per year.
- The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
- The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
- This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
- Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
- Here is a link to an overview of the benefits package
- Here is a link to a Total Compensation Calculator
Position #728457 – Requisition #22861
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *