Experience 2 Years
Practice Small Animal
Qualifications Student (CO positions only)
Royal Vista Veterinary Specialists is looking for a skilled Veterinary Technician to join our amazing Surgical Team!
We are a growing specialty practice in Fort Collins, Co and we are looking for hard working veterinary technicians to help up maintain quality care for our patients. The following are a list of duties. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Be able to safely restrain different breeds and sizes of animals safely.
- Provide excellent client communication.
- Maintain proper patient care pre and post operatively.
- Create and update medical records.
- Monitor all patients for any significant changes, notify the doctor immediately if any observed.
- Be familiar with the standard pain scale and be able to identify the signs when a patient is painful, the patient’s level of pain and possible causes of pain, and understand the medications and methods used to control the pain.
- Know the normal ranges for vital signs for the different species we treat at RVVS.
- Understand the paperwork and procedures of outside laboratories used by the practice. This includes, but, is not limited to: Antech, CSU, and any other outside laboratory.
- Be able to prepare the surgical suite for a surgical procedure.
- Be familiar with proper aseptic techniques in the surgical suite.
The hourly range for this role is $17-20. We offer exceptional benefits including health, dental, vision, & life insurance, paid parental leave, PTO, matching 401(k), generous pet benefits and much more! Visit our website for more information about our Hospital! https://royalvistavets.com/.