Apply for Financial Aid as an Independent Student
1) New applicant? Please speak with an Admissions Advisor before beginning the financial aid application process.
2) Complete your 2017/2018 FAFSA as soon as possible so that your Bel-Rea Financial Aid Advisor can determine the type and amount of aid for which you are eligible.
- The IRS Data Retrieval Tool is down, so please enter your tax info (and your parent’s if necessary) manually from your 2015 tax returns.
3) Read Bel-Rea’s Financial Aid Handbook.
- Contains information on how to apply, when to apply, types of aid, how aid is awarded, next steps, and more.
4) Once you receive your award package from Bel-Rea’s Financial Aid Office, follow the enclosed To Do List to complete your aid application process.
- Contents: Award Notification Letter, Financial Aid Estimate (FAE), Shopping Sheet (new students only), Terms and Conditions Letter, Student Information Form, Course Plan.
5) Complete the Entrance Counseling Session and Master Promissary Note online If you are accepting the Direct Subsidized and/or Unsubsidized Loans.
Forms to complete only if directed to do so by your Financial Aid Advisor at Bel-Rea:
Questions? Contact us at 303-751-8700 or 800-950-8001 (toll free). Monday-Thursday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Friday 8:00 am – 4:00 pm (MST).
There are no alerts at this time
Need resources or have questions about campus security? Contact Stasi Bottinelli (Financial Aid Manager/ Title IX Coordinator) at firstname.lastname@example.org or (303) 751-8700.