What information do we collect
When you visit our web site, we collect Personal Information transmitted by your computer, mobile phone or other access device. This information includes data on the pages you visit, your computer IP address, mobile device identifiers, the type of operating system you’re using, standard internet logging data and other information. Internet log data includes the type of browser you’re using and visits to and from our Site.
In addition, when you request information, schedule a call, or apply to the school, we may collect the following: contact information, such as your name, address, phone, email, and other similar information.
We also collect information from or about you in other ways, such as through contact with our Admissions Team, and from interactions.
We do not consider Personal Information to include information that is anonymous or that we have made anonymous so that it cannot be used to identify an individual customer and does not contain other information that would allow us or others to identify you (“Anonymous Information”).
How do we use your information?
Our primary purpose in collecting Personal Information is to provide you with a secure, efficient, and accurate information about the College. We may use your Personal Information to:
- provide customer support
- resolve disputes, collect payments, and troubleshoot problems
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities
- customize, measure, and improve our web site’s content, layout, and operation
- deliver targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers
- contact you by phone, via text (SMS) message, email, or physical address
- compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties
How do we share your information?
We may share your Personal Information with:
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations in areas such as fraud prevention, marketing, and technology services. Our agreements specify that these service providers only use your Personal Information in connection with the services they provide to us and not for their own benefit.
- Credit bureaus and collection agencies to report account information, as permitted by law when necessary.
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process; when we need to do so to comply with law or credit card rules; or when we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of Personal Information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of our contract.
- Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
- Bel-Rea Institute of Animal Technology (Bel-Rea) will not sell or rent any of your Personal Information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your consent and only shares your Personal Information with third parties as described in this policy. We may share Anonymous Information with our students, prospective students, employees, or other third parties to provide information for analytics, website usage or for other retail purposes.
When you access our Site, we (including companies we work with) may place small data files on your computer or other device. These data files may be cookies, pixel tags, or other local storage provided by your browser or associated applications (“Cookies”). We use these technologies to recognize you as a prospective student when visiting our site; customize content and advertising; measure promotional effectiveness; help ensure that your account security is not compromised; and to mitigate risk and prevent fraud.
We use both session and persistent Cookies. Session Cookies expire and no longer have any effect when you log out of your account or close your browser. Persistent Cookies remain on your device until you erase them, or they expire.
How do we protect your information?
The security of your Personal Information is very important to us. We strive to follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on the Site, you can email us at email@example.com. While we cannot guarantee privacy perfection, we will address any issue to the best of our abilities as soon as possible.
How can you control what information is collected and used? You can control how the various types of information discussed above are captured, even blocking its collection in several ways:
- You are free to decline our Cookies if your browser or browser add-on permits, doing so may interfere with your use of our Site including not being able to request information, schedule a call, or apply for admission to the program. Refer to the help section of your browser, browser extensions, or installed applications for instructions on blocking, deleting, or disabling Cookies.
- You may also unsubscribe to our email lists by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of your email.
- How can you access your information? To the extent that you do provide us with Personal Information, Bel-Rea wishes to maintain accurate and complete Personal Information.
- Prospective Student – If you wish to correct your information, you may communicate with your assigned Admissions Advisor or email us with the items you wish to correct at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Current Student – If you wish to correct your information, you may email us with the items you wish to correct at email@example.com.
- Alumni – If you wish to correct your information, you may email us with the items you wish to correct at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please email us at email@example.com or call us 1-800-950-8001.
We do not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do necessary actions.
There are no alerts at this time
Need resources or have questions about campus security? Contact Stasi Bottinelli (Financial Aid Manager/ Title IX Coordinator) at firstname.lastname@example.org or (303) 751-8700.