Practice Small & Exotic
Qualifications Graduate (CVT, RVT, LVT)
Looking to make a paws-itive difference in clients and patients lives? Coal Mine Animal Hospital is a 4-doctor private practice, serving small animal AND exotics. We are a quality driven veterinary hospital dedicated to strengthening the bond between clients and their pets. We are looking for a full-time veterinary technician assistant to join our team. The right individual will demonstrate compassion and care for all animals, be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and will be willing to effectively communicate with all team members and clients. Responsibilities include exam room assistance, laboratory duties, x-ray, blood draws, IV catheter placement, client contact (drop-off), telephone skills and computer usage (Intravet). If you are interested in a career working in a friendly environment with great co-workers and doctors, send your resume on over to us!
Medical , vision and dental health insurance
401K employer contribution after 1 year
Veterinary care discounts (up to 3 pets)
Gym Membership (Club USA)
Paid Time Off
Monthly CE Opportunity
The purpose of this position is to assist technicians and veterinarians with all aspects of client and animal care. Must be able to withstand unpleasant odors and noises. May be exposed to bites, scratches, animal waste, and contagious diseases.
Directly reports to Practice Manager and Head Technician. Works alongside the Doctors and Technicians.
- Provides great customer service to clients and administers care to small animals AND exotics.
- Generates treatment plan based on doctor’s findings.
- Gathers history and reviews treatments plans with clients.
- Coordinates care of admitted and kennel patients with inpatient veterinarian.
- Collects samples.
- Opens templates and enters patient history.
- Assists veterinarian with exams and treatments for admitted and kennel patients.
- Assists other team members, ensuring that all hospitalized patients are fed, watered, given their medications, and walked, and that their environments are clean and comfortable.
- Completes records, bills, and discharge instructions for each patient in a timely manner.
- Collects and packages items to go home (i.e., medications, food, instructions)
- Adheres to all hospital policies, standards, and procedures, including but not limited to uniforms, grooming, smoking, and personal calls, as stated in the hospital policy manual.
- Adheres and complies with anti-bullying policy.
- Serves as a representative of the hospital, displaying courtesy, tact, consideration, and a positive attitude in all interactions with clients, patients, and other staff members.
- Demonstrates initiative in everyday duties by seeking other work during down times, assisting other employees, and filling in for other employees as needed.
- Adheres to the posted work schedule. Arrives for work promptly and begins work at the start time. Follows hospital policies for reporting lateness or absences.
- Clocks in and out with time clock at the beginning and end of each day and during breaks.
- Keeps the treatment area and exam rooms clean and stocked
- Prioritizes tasks and handles multiple tasks in a calm, organized manner.