Pay My Bill:
Students may pay their bills directly on the Populi dashboard or in-person at the Payment Office.
Payment Office Contact Information:
Questions? Contact us at 303-751-8700 or 800-950-8001 (toll free). Monday-Thursday 8:00 am – 4:00 pm, Friday 8:00 am – 3:00 pm (MST).
Ann Nemeth, Payment Office Administrator – email@example.com
Stacey Sloan, Business and Financial Affairs Director – firstname.lastname@example.org
Mailing Address – 1681 S Dayton St, Denver, CO 80247
Payment Office Information:
Student tuition bills are available to view and pay on the Populi student portal dashboard. All bills will be set up on a monthly basis unless otherwise designated with the Payment Office
Monthly payments are due on the 1st of the month
Quarterly payments are due at the beginning of each quarter (January 1st, April 1st, July 1st, October 1st)
Payments can be made on the Populi student portal dashboard with the credit/debit card of choice
Students may give Populi access to individuals paying on the students’ behalf
Payments are accepted at the Payment Office during regular business hours
- Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express are accepted
Checks and money orders
- Make payable to Bel-Rea Institute
- Include student’s name on the memo line of your check
- Mail, deliver in person, or drop in the Payment Drop box, located next the Payment Office, on the lower level of the main building
Cash Payments must be made in person at the Payment Office
- Receipts are issued for all cash payments
- Please note: Change for cash payments is not available. Please bring exact amountJ. Overpayments will be credited towards the next outstanding bill
IRS tax form 1098-T- Tuition Statements will be available in January on the Populi student portal for student access.
FINANCIAL AID CLEAR CREDIT BALANCE CHECKS –
Some students have sufficient financial aid to receive a quarterly Clear Credit Balance Check. Your Financial Aid advisor will notify you if you are eligible to receive these funds and the funds will be available to you during the third week of the quarter.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING CHECK AVAILABILITY
- Checks can be picked up from the Payment Office (unless otherwise noted)
- Paper checks are available for pick-up during regular office hours (Direct Deposit is currently not available)
- Bring Your Photo ID
- Read the sign outside the Payment Office. A sign will be posted each quarter with the information for the next check pick-up day (usually during the third week of the quarter). Also check your Bel-Rea student email for notices announcing the pickup date
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
Be sure to:
Plan ahead!! Winter and Spring quarters can begin as late as the 9th day of the month (next Winter start date will be Tuesday, January 4th, 2022) and this will affect the date your check will become available.
- Class retake charges: If you are required to retake a class and you are scheduled to receive a Financial Aid credit disbursement check, please note that retake charges are automatically deducted from any available Financial Aid. This means that if you have retake charges, your check will be reduced to cover the cost of your retakes.
- Termination from program (withdrawal, school withdrawal or dismissal) will stop all checks: After termination from the program, the student is no longer considered enrolled, and is no longer eligible to receive financial aid funds.
- Leave of Absence: Checks will not be issued to students while they are on an approved Leave of Absence from the program.
- Checks that are not picked up within 21 days of issuance will be voided and removed from the student’s Populi account. Financial Aid will return the funds to the student’s loans unless the student requests otherwise
ACCOUNT HOLDS –
Student accounts will be placed on ‘Hold’ by the Payment Office Administrator for the following reasons:
Past Due Balance – 15 days or more behind on billed tuition payments:
- Students will be placed on “Hold” if payment is not received by the 15th of the month in which it is due. Students who fall more than 45 days past due may be removed from the program for non-payment. Students in this situation will receive at least 48 hours notice in which to resolve the matter. If the student fails to meet the payment deadline, they will be school withdrawn and will have to apply for re-entry if they wish to return to the program at a later date
Class Retake Fees:
- If you are required to retake a class, you will receive an Academic Probation Letter from the Bel-Rea Registrar’s Office. Financial Aid will automatically use any available credit to cover your retake fees.
- If the retake fee is not covered by Financial Aid, the retake charge will appear on the Populi student portal dashboard. Bills will be split equally into the 3 months of the quarter. Please note: All retake fees must be paid within the quarter you are repeating the class. At least 1/3 of the retake charges due must be paid by the end of the 5th week of classes in order to register for classes for the next quarter during the 6th Students that fail to pay their retake fees within the quarter due will be school withdrawn for non-payment
- Returned checks for any Bel-Rea payment or purchase made on campus, will result in a ‘Hold’ being placed on your account
- There is a $25 fee for all returned checks
- Please note: If more than 2 checks are returned for the same student, check payments may no longer be accepted
Balance remaining following student termination from the program:
- Students that withdraw from the program prior to completion may owe a balance
*Please refer to the “Refund Policy” in this handbook for additional information
COURSE PLAN CHANGES –
If you make a change to your Course Plan, you must notify either your Financial Aid Advisor or for Cash Payers, the Payment Office, and sign a Course Plan addendum so that your tuition and/or billing can be adjusted accordingly
STUDENT CONTACT INFORMATION –
Please be sure to update any changes to your address, cell phone #, and/or emergency contact on your Populi student account Info page
STUDENT INJURIES – Please see the Student Injury Policy on your policies page.
There are no alerts at this time
Need resources or have questions about campus security? Contact Stasi Bottinelli (Financial Aid Manager/ Title IX Coordinator) at email@example.com or (303) 751-8700.